The cultural program will be held on September 23rd.
Elite Etna & Taormina Tour Excursion
Tour on Etna volcano from Catania
The first stop on our tour is the “Sapienza” refuge, which escaped several times to the fury of the volcano, a break and a pleasant excursion will allow us to admire ancient craters and new lava flows, lunar landscapes, houses stuck in the solidified lava and breath-taking panoramas, safe exploration of a volcanic cave, constantly escorted by our hiking guides, a tasting of typical products of Etna will allow us to appreciate the nectar of the gods. We will then continue towards Taormina, with a stop at the charming “Isola Bella”, the Pearl of the Ionian Sea, where the people called “Siculi” originally settled, and then Greeks established here their dominion, a free walk along Corso Umberto and the medieval narrow lanes, the Greek Theatre overlooking the volcano and the Bay of Giardini Naxos, with the chance to go shopping in the pretty artisan shops or exclusive stores.
Program of this full-day hike on Etna Mountain and Taormina
- Pick up and drop off Catania at the Conference Venue (Museo Diocesano)
- You will observe the different lava edges of the ancient lava flows (eruptions of 1991/1993) by climbing on the slopes of Etna Volcano.
- A pleasant walk to discover ancient and new craters, by observing the Ionian coastline from above.
- Pleasant stop at the cellars of Nicosia where you will stop to appreciate Sicilian dishes and wines.
- You will get to Taormina and will have spare time to walk along Corso Umberto. You could go for shopping, visit Churches and buildings, admire the Greek Theatre and enjoy the Belvedere panorama above the Ionian coast.
- Two hours later you will meet our guide at the opposite edge of Corso Umberto.